That make life worth living, worth living"
- Jj Grey and Mofro
The song before you is, "The Sun is Shining Down", by Jj Grey and Mofro.
I’m crushing out on this song big time, it’s on my vibin' playlist for workouts, it’s playing in the car, and it’s hummed while shower water runs. Have a listen yourself to see if it stirs anything for you. For me, there is a soulful grit mixed with an exposed tenderness that speaks to lived experience + lived loss. Its truth weaving…with an achingly honest love, commitment and tribute that soaks into the heart and helps me feel the beauty in this up + down thing called life.
Honor this song, honor yourself, turn off all flashing-beeping-messenger-apparatuses and give yourself 10 minutes to let this song sink in.
Let it sink WAY in.
Feel what’s going down here.
Notice what it sparks in you.
Then flex your reflective music moxie:
- What little things make your life worth living?
- What expectations might be getting in the way? (self expectations or expectations you hold on others or life).
- When and where and with whom do you feel most alive? How can you use that knowledge to build aliveness and resonant action in other areas of your work/life?
Want to go really deep? The beauty of this song was inspired by Jj Grey’s grandmothers’ story of driving her husband to the hospital when he died on route. Think about that.
- How are loss, love and aliveness connected?
- What is something that touches you deeply and could use a little “heart pat” acknowledgement?
- What could you let in? let go? send up?
p.s. Let;s chat...share your music sparks below.